Malaysian News Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Triton Sales Grew By 0.9 Percent For FY2019

April 30, 2020, Kuala Lumpur – Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia, the official distributor of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles in Malaysia, has announced that its Triton was the only brand in the pick-up truck segment that achieved a growth of 0.9 percent, with 5,762 units sold for its financial year 2019, which started from April 2019 until March 2020, as compared to the same period a year ago.

However, the pick-up truck segment saw a decline of 21 percent during the same period. The Mitsubishi Triton has consistently maintained its market share by 22 percent from January to March 2020, or for more than three consecutive months.

The company set a target of 16 percent for Mitsubishi Triton’s overall market share for FY2019, and Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia managed to increase that figure by 1 percent to 17 percent. The Triton double cab is also the popular choice in Melaka, Penang and Kedah.

“We are happy that the Mitsubishi Triton’s appeal in Malaysia remains strong. Throughout the year, the Triton has been recognised as the best-handling, the more fuel-efficient pick-up truck as well as the cheapest to maintain in terms of after sales service. We are pleased that the Triton double cab is gaining the trust and likes of Malaysians and is becoming the favourite choice in some states.

“We are confident that the Triton will continue to drive our momentum in Malaysia,” said its chief executive officer Tomoyuki Shinnishi in a statement.

He shared that the automotive sector is likely to remain under pressure with the Covid-19 pandemic.

“It is imperative for the company to focus on the positives while planning for the growth of our businesses once the situation has improved. Rest assured, our team is working closely to implement extra precautionary measure, post-MCO to ensure that our sales outlets and service centres are a safe place for customers to shop and to service their car with peace in mind,” he said.

0 comments on “Mitsubishi Triton Sales Grew By 0.9 Percent For FY2019

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: